There are multiple pathways to engagement—for you and/or your employees.
Questions? Texas Black Expo staff are here to help you maximize the value of your investment by becoming involved. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Better your business and your community bydonating the gift of time and experience. The TBE offers many unique opportunities to become involved. What interests you? Click here to learn how you can serve!
Meet potential customers
The quality of your business relationships is more important than ever given the economic conditions. The Texas Black Expo provides a range of opportunities for you and your employees to build lasting relationships with your target customers.
- Network with business leaders: Take advantage of the TBE’s many programs and events per year. Opportunities include our Business After Hours networking events, the Business EXPO, workshops, annual events and policy forums.
- Develop peer-to-peer relationships: Establish relationships with your peers through member-led committees such as the Membership Committee, Business-After-Hours Committee, Franklin Initiative Speakers’ Bureau or Annual Golf Scramble Committee, to name a few.
Increase your visibility
Whether your business has one employee or 1,000, the TBE provides high-impact yet economical marketing programs. Some highlighted opportunities are below.
- Exhibit at our Annual Business EXPO: Held every May, the Texas Black Expo is the largest trade show in Texas attracting more than 10,000 attendees.
- Advertise in the various Expo communication vehicles: Put your business’s good news in the TBE’s bi-monthly e-newsletter, Membership Matters and/or the monthly publication, Business Network. Take advantage of the exclusive member-only advertising offerings through the Member2Member Marketing Program or the TBE’s Friday Fax.
- Create and Upload Coupons to increase visibility and traffic: Utilize the Coupon Program found on the TBE’s website to build your business.
- Grow your small business and your knowledge: Participate in networking and professional development programs designed specifically for entrepreneurs, small business owners, and their employees.
Have a voice
Be part of the TBE’s efforts to strengthen current conditions for business and to shape strategies that will ensure our region’s competitiveness in the long-term.
- Join a committee or program: Make a positive impact on the issues most important to our business climate.
- Attend annual policy forums like the Governor’s Luncheon; Third House; Legislative Preview Luncheon and Business Outlook Luncheon: Build relationships with policymakers and participate in efforts to build a more prosperous region for all.
- Stay informed: Track policy issues most important to business. Subscribe to our Advocacy email updates, produced by the TBE’s Advocacy team.
- Delivering results for business: Even if you cannot participate in policy activities, be assured the TBE is representing your interests, every day and at the local, regional, and state levels on the issues most important to competitiveness and the ability to do business locally. If your business needs assistance in facilitating discussions with City, County or State representatives – contact us to discuss how the TBE can help.
Intern with the Texas Black Expo
Looking for an internship opportunity that will give you a meaningful work experience? Build better business and community as you build your resume. Contact TBE to match your education with the available internship experiences.