TSBEMS Welcomes Texas Small Business Owners!
The Texas Small Business Emergency Micro-grant Source (TSBEMS) was developed to provide emergency funding assistance for Texas small business owners in order to help them continue to function when unexpected financial challenges threaten their daily operations.
The micro-grant fund, which is funded through the generosity of various agencies, corporate entities, and individuals, is our collective way of contributing to the survival and success of small businesses: the primary drivers of the U.S. economy!
Applying for TSBEMS Funding
• Business has been open for at least 2 years and is currently open for business
• Business is currently registered with the State of Texas
• Business has not previously received a micro-grant from TSBEMS
• Business has suffered some type of damage or loss beyond the owner’s control, which has presented the need for emergency funds in order to continue daily operations
• To repair or replace broken or damaged equipment, tools and/or machinery necessary for daily business operations
• To repair or replace equipment, tools, machinery and/or inventory missing due to theft or natural disaster
• To acquire new equipment and/or technology necessary for continued business operations
• To purchase raw materials, resources, staffing, etc. necessary to accept and fulfill a sales or business contract that can potentially result in the small business scaling up to its next level
• Other specials purposes as approved at the discretion of the TSBEMS funding committee
• A brief online application
• 3 months of personal bank statements
• 3 months of business bank statements / PayPal statements
• Most recent copy of the business’ tax return (or tax personal return if business is filed on entrepreneur’s personal return)
• Agreeing to the business owner’s name, picture or likeness being used in TSBEMS reporting, publications and social media related to the grant
• Utilizing all funds within 3 months of receiving them from TSBEMS
• Providing receipts verifying that funds were solely utilized for their intended purpose
• Not utilizing grant funds for any illegal activity
• Immediately returning grant funds if they are not used within 3 months and/or if they are not used for the purposes described in the application
• Agreeing to respond to any audit requests pertaining to the use of grant funds
• Completing a program survey within 30 days of utilizing grant funds, including but not limited to how funds were used, the impact of the funds on the business, employee hiring and wage information.
More Frequently Asked Questions
In partnership with